Does Neem Oil really work?July 12, 2021
How are neem oil pesticides made?
Neem Oil spray is made through extraction of neem from the seeds of the neem tree native to India. This tree contains an active chemical compound, azadirachtin. The pesticide exhibits low toxic chemicals and sometimes controls insect infestations in greenhouses and gardens. It can discourage insects from feeding on plants but often harms plants when it’s sprayed because it clogs stomata (pores) on the leaves.
Does it do more harm than good?
Neem oil isn’t without problems, some include:
|– Moderately toxic to fish & aquatic animals|
– Garlic/Sulfur smell
– Irritating to eyes, skin & stomach
– Children are more sensitive to it
– It can burn plants, while also clogging their “pores”
– It’s not as effective as other solutions
– Requires daily application
SNS’s Safe & Effective Pesticides
SNS has tested and refined dozens of different types of rosemary, peppermint, thyme, alfalfa, and clove extract concentrates. We have four powerful and safe pesticide formulas made from these botanical extracts to keep your garden free of invasive and damaging bugs like:
|– White Flies|
– Fungus Gnat Adults & Larvae
– Root Aphid Adults & Larvae
– Spider Mites & Eggs
– Leaf Aphids
Which product is best for me?
Not sure what pests or diseases are attacking your beautiful plants? Check out our pest/disease chart to learn which products will work best for you! Watch the video to learn how to use our Ready to Mix pouches – just add water & save your garden!
|FREE OF HARMFUL CHEMICALS|
– Made with natural botanicals
– Can be used up to harvest
– Safe around children & pets*
203 Root Drench Pesticide Pouch
Fights against insects that feed on your plants roots & stalks
- Dehydrates & kills pests and attacks fungus & algae
- Can be used up to harvest (0-Day REI)
- EPA Exempt Fifra 25 (b)
- Safe around children & pets when used as directed