How to prevent Root RotSeptember 15, 2021
What is Root Rot & How Do You Know if You Have it?
Root rot is essentially what it sounds like: rotten roots. When roots get exposed to too much water for too long, they can begin to rot. Rotten roots turn black, mushy, and when the roots die, the rest of the plant shows the damage. If the leaves on your plant are:
-browned, withered, &/or even dead
then your plant might have root rot.
The bad news is root rot is often caused by fungus and can spread to healthy roots and kill the entire plant. The good news is there’s something you can do about it.
How Do You Fix Root Rot?
1. The first step is to stop watering your plant. Let the soil dry out some.
2. Next, you’ll need to remove your plant from the soil and prune away the dead, mushy roots.
3. After pruning, spray the roots with Sierra Natural Science 244, a natural fungal control. Since fungus can remain in the soil and come back with a new watering, give your plant a fighting chance with fungicide.
Our scientists engineered this formula using powerful thyme botanicals to fight fungus spores. Or try SNS DC which uses certified organic extracts to target plant fungus, viruses, and bacteria by eliminating their food source.
How Do You Prevent Root Rot?
Spraying your plant’s roots regularly with SNS 244 or DC can help prevent root rot from returning. Using natural ingredients, SNS 244 both effectively kills fungal spores and helps prevent diseases. And SNS DC creates a protective preservative shield to ward against damaging microbes like molds, mildew, fungus, and bacteria.
At SNS, we believe in creating powerful products that are safe for people, pets, and the planet. Our products are safe around children and pets when used as directed—they’re so safe they’re EPA exempt. Sierra Natural Science fungal control works effectively but without harsh chemicals.
FREE OF HARMFUL CHEMICALS
- Made with natural botanicals
- Can be used up to harvest
- Safe around children & pets*